· To ensure that the curriculum is being used correctly and effectively – mentor curriculum transaction
· To keep a check on whether regular assessments are happening, teaching is happening at the same pace across forms – Ensure consistency with regard to assessment and recording.
· To conduct meetings with forms to discuss issues and monitor progress.
· To ensure monitoring of lessons, correction of assignments, sitting in on classes.
· Report weekly to the Principal
· To ensure the curriculum caters to individual student needs:
· enrichment / challenge for gifted, keeps pace with the understanding and comprehension of the average student or those who need more time and attention.
· To mentor new staff – initiate them into school routines and practices.
· To sit through classes for assessment of teachers and to give feedback on their teaching methodology/classroom management etc.
· Along with teams, work on areas of concern across school and come out with strategies, solutions on how to tackle problems, evolve policies for school along with the Heads.
· To check notebooks, diaries, planners of teachers
· Advise teachers on all parent communications.
· Check report cards prior to PTMs
· Cross check work plans
· Monitoring of syllabus completion
· Monitoring of number of tests and worksheets, and amount of HW given
· Monitoring of revision done on an ongoing basis and before the exams Designation Academic Coordinator Team/Department Reporting to Director Principal VP Coordinators
· Ensuring that all academic deadlines are met
· Coordinating worksheets—(they must be routed through ACCORS, whose signatures are required on the worksheets. Worksheets must be submitted 48 hours before they go in for printing)
· Sitting in on classes and offering feedback to teachers concerned
· Going through written work of children in the various subjects, from time to time— giving feedback to both teachers and students
· Discussing the academic progress of students
· Discussing and formulating strategies, in conjunction with the other teachers, to help children, with academic problems, to meet goals
· Coordinating holiday homework
· Ensuring that work plans are ready on time
· Coordinate correction of entrance test papers
· Timetable extra classes
· Coordinate PTMs
· Be the communication link between teachers and the Principal
· Disseminate all relevant information to teachers
· Take rounds of the school on a daily basis
· Keep in constant touch with Principal, Form Teachers, Class teachers & HOD’s on all relevant front Position Specifications
Educational Qualification (Minimal Required) B. Ed / N.T.T. + Graduate / Post Graduate in a subject (based on level)