MRG School invites smart, energetic and creative people to be a part of the family. We are looking for role models in displaying self-discipline, professionalism and sensitivity towards the children, teachers and the environment around us. Someone who can initiate, develop and be a part of our quest for excellence in holistic education. The purpose of this position is to ensure professional excellence in planning, designing and implementing work related to the role.
The role primarily focuses on:-
- Accounting/book keeping (use of Tally ERP.9, etc.)
- Voucher processing
- Cash & bank payments
- Passing of entries
- Bank reconciliation
- IUTA reconciliation
- Issue of TDS certificates
- Preparation of TDS and service tax/ GST returns
- TDS deposit, service tax/ GST deposit
- PF, ESI return and deposit etc.
- Ensure timely invoicing of fee bills and circulation of the bills to the parents for payment
- Ensuring timely deposit of the fee collected in the designated bank account.
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of the fee received.
- Sending reminders to fee defaulters and updating management with respect to the same.
Books of Accounts:
- Ensure compliance of Accounting Standards so that books of accounts represent the true and fair view.
- Ensuring the Monthly closure of books in time
- Inter Unit Transfer Amount (IUTA) & bank reconciliation
Finalization of accounts (Quarterly/Annually):
- Ensure timely and accurate closing of the Company’s accounts & audit on quarterly & annual basis
- Preparation of Consolidated Balance Sheet.
Timely payment to vendors & employees:
- Supervise and review payment schedules to ensure that payment is released to all the vendors as per the terms defined and following corrective actions, if needed.
- Cheque preparation and dispatch to relevant parties
- Supervise, review and coordinate disbursement report to ensure that salary is correctly processed and debited to the account of employees in time.
- Scrutiny & approval of all cash & cheque payments
- Ensure compliance with various direct and indirect tax laws
- Verify and deposit all statutory payments
- Stay updated on all changes in Statutory Regulations from time to time and accordingly incorporate the required changes in the system
- Filing returns related to PF, ESI, Service Tax, GST etc.
Statutory and Internal Audit:
- Supervise audits and provide adequate support to the auditors
- Supervise and close of all internal and external audit objections and improve processes as per the audit guidelines.
Builds Checks & Controls:
- The position holder builds checks and controls in all financial transactions so as to eliminate errors, chances of fraud, etc.
- Responsible for streamlining the process affecting the Accounts process like procedure of payment, payroll, fixed assets etc.
Planning and Budgeting:
- Consolidate & Maintain Budget for the school
- Prepare and share fortnightly/ monthly/ quarterly reports with the Management.
- Prepare functional documents/ test script/ user documents
- Measure DOP and SOP as per cost boundaries for the project or functional requirements.
Age: 25 - 40 Years
Experience: 3 - 10 years in an accounting role. People with prior experience of working with a reputed school will be preferred.
Qualification: Post Graduate (M.com), Graduate (B.com)
- Business acumen and interest
- High level of numeracy
- Analytical ability
- Strong Organizing and Planning skills
- Time management
- Teamwork ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in IT
- Process orientation and problem solving skills