The Shri Ram Millennium School, Noida invites smart, energetic and creative educators to be a part of its family. We are looking for someone who can initiate, develop and be a part of our quest for excellence in holistic education. To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational education so that every child is able to fulfil their true potential.
Your role as a Librarian:
Libraries aim to provide with easy access to information and recreational resources. A library without a librarian is just a collection of books. It is the librarian who brings it all together. In addition to managing the day to day operations of the library, your role as a librarian includes:
- helping kids to find books of their interest
- keeping the library looking attractive and tidy
- promoting the library within the school
- engaging with kids to provide a range of activities
Helping Kids in the library
- Many kids just want to browse through the library stock to make their selection.
- A well-organized and attractively presented collection is important.
- Books should be arranged tidily and in the correct order to facilitate easy access.
- Be ready to suggest 'what to read next', 'what to do next', 'how to get involved'.
- There are conventions in library shelf order which should be adopted in order to make it as easy as possible to locate books.
- To maintain appropriate order, for different categories of stock
- The information required about each book for shelving to be maintained
- Books should be evenly spaced and each shelf should be no more than 3/4 full.
- Although the above methods of arranging the books should be followed for most of the library stock, a kid will often be attracted to a particularly interesting book displayed face out, so that the title and jacket design catches the eye.
- In choosing books to display in this way, take into account the visual appeal of the book and only display books in good condition. Book easels are useful for the face out display of books.
Assisting kids who come in the library:
- Helping kids means far more than keeping books in order. It also means presenting a helpful and welcoming face to library so that they feel free to ask for help.
- Sometimes you will help them find what they are looking for in your own library.
- By listening to your kids, by knowing their interests, by talking to them about what they are really looking for, will you be able to help.
Age: 25 - 40 Years
Experience: 2 - 5 Years of experience as a librarian (junior school) preferably in a reputed school.
Qualification: B.Lib or M. Lib.
- Good library management skill
- Patience and good communication skills
- Good problem solving and organizing skills