The Shri Ram Universal School, Jammu invites smart, energetic and creative educators to be a part of the family. We are looking for role models in displaying self-discipline, professionalism and sensitivity towards the children, teachers and the environment around us. Someone who can initiate, develop and be a part of our quest for excellence in holistic education. To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational education so that every child is able to fulfil their true potential. The purpose of this position is to ensure excellence in classes/subjects, planning, designing and implementing the curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and designs health education and training programs, including preparation, facilitation, and follow-up.
- Evaluates programs; performs research on relevant topics, and develops and/or revises curriculum modules and/or presentation materials as appropriate.
- Presents lectures and training to groups and/or individuals, as appropriate.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education and individual, dual or team sports, utilizing curriculum designated by Newport News Public Schools and other appropriate learning activities.
- Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the school's basic instructional philosophy.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, etc.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- The bulletin boards in class must display updated worksheets, class list, bus list lunch list, birthdays. time table or special information on any child.
- Captains for various disciplines should be appointed. Children must be encouraged to clean their own classroom after break, as well as in the normal course of the day
- One copy of the time-table, Home-work schedule and assessment schedule should be pinned on the board in the respective classrooms so that it is available to the substitute teacher taking the class in case of absence of a teacher
- Any teacher planning to take leave, must prepare work plan and give clear instructions so that his/her classes are conducted properly by the substitute teacher
- Every teacher is expected to know his/her subjects well, keep himself / herself informed on the latest trends in education and to take advantage of various workshops and seminars being held from time to time.
Age: 25 - 40 Years
Experience: 4 - 6 Years. Min 2-3 years of teaching experience of teaching senior classes from any reputed school.
Qualification: Graduate, Post Graduate. Graduate or Higher Qualification with Physical Education as Specialization. B.PEd is mandatory. M.PEd is an added advantage.
- Good classroom management skill.
- Creative, Patience and Interpersonal skills.
- Team Work and collaborative thinking.
- Planning, organization, classroom management and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Expertise in the subject.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs