TSUS Chennai invites smart, energetic and creative educators to be a part of the family. We are looking for role models in displaying self-discipline, professionalism and sensitivity towards the children, teachers and the environment around us. Someone who can initiate, develop and be a part of our quest for excellence in holistic education. To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational education so that every child is able to fulfil their true potential.
The role of a Special Educator (SEN) primarily focuses on:-
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To build an education program that revolves around Responsibility, Relationship and Respect.
- Teach an adapted curriculum to students with learning and behavioral difficulties in small group setting.
- Assess & evaluate each student’s cognitive, social, physical, language and communication abilities and activities of daily living.
- Use special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning.
- Collaborate with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the students in relation to the curriculum.
- Conduct quarterly workshops for teachers, etc. to widen the support circle.
- Understand academic and social-emotional needs of a student and provide support accordingly.
- Provide encouragement and motivation to the students to achieve their personal and academic goals.
- Take a proactive approach to embedding wellbeing and mental health resilience into the student experience through providing workshops and resources that support students in developing a mindful approach to life.
- Designing an Individualized Education Plans for designated students.
- Conducting remedial intervention classes for students with Special Needs in primary, junior and middle school.
- Preparing and imparting study skills to students for the term end assessments.
- Conducting sensitization sessions for spreading awareness on special needs within mainstream classrooms.
- Report writing and maintaining student records.
- Making resources/teaching aids.
Age: 25 - 40 Years.
Experience: 2 - 5 Years of relevant teaching experience.
Qualification: Graduation with B.Ed. in Special education.
- Commitment for working with students with special education needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and problem solving skills.
- The ability to manage challenging behavior.
- Teamwork and organizational skills.
- An observant and responsive approach.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook.
- Patience, empathy and understanding to deal with students and parents.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs