Snapshot Games is a video game developer and publisher founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop – award winning designer of the original X-COM games - and David Kaye - founder of Gaming Insiders. Our latest title, Phoenix Point, was released in December 2019, and is an evolution of the X-COM style strategy genre. In 2020 we became part of Embracer Group, one of the biggest game holdings in Europe.
We combine the creative indie spirit with a streamlined workflow and healthy planning of work time. We respect individual creativity and autonomy of our people.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and collaborative Environment Texture Artist with multiple skills and a passion for creating high quality video games. The job level is either Senior or Intermediate.
To apply, you need to be eligible for employment in EU/Bulgaria. Due to the pandemic we are working remote; after the pandemic you will need to attend meetings at Sofia office. Support for relocation to Sofia is provided by the company.
- Create visually stunning textures and materials for physically-based render pipeline
- Collaborate with the art team to grasp the game’s artistic vision and set texture priorities.
- Study concept art and research your own references to develop the visual design language.
- Work closely with level artists to understand environment needs.
- Create textures from scratch, references, or scans & build and organize your texture library.
- Partner with modelers to suggest textures and help with 3D mapping.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Polish textures and apply them to 3D models.
- Document and share your knowledge and best practices.
- Modify your work based on feedback received from interdependent teams (debug and optimize).
- Creative problem solving and ability to generate ideas.
- Highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Experience with texturing environments for video games
- 3D Modeling and UV mapping
- Strong understanding of shape, composition, detailing, types of material surfaces, and the ability to stylize them into original environment designs
- Understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, color theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
There are some specific areas of expertise which are beneficial
- Experience in other areas of video game development
- Experience in Substance Designer / Painter
- Experience in Shader Creation
- Some experience with Unity 3D
- Environment concept design
- Good English language skills
A few reasons to apply:
- Great company culture – open and informal
- Opportunity to have wide input to the final product
- Competitive salary; profit sharing and stock options plan
- Career path with clear steps
- 25 days paid holiday per year
- Company benefits, including additional health & dental insurance, food vouchers, sports card
- Equipment for working from home provided
Interested? Then please send us your CV, portfolio and a motivation letter.