Do you have strong analytical skills and experience working with large and complex data sets? If yes, the Global Banking School is hiring for a Business Intelligence Programme Manager and they are looking for someone just like you.
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 public holidays
- Workplace pension scheme with NEST
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- + Much more!
The Business Intelligence Programme Manager will play a vital role in creating and delivering business planning, action plans and reporting cycles to support ,the GBS Strategic Plan. There are several new systems and areas that the business needs to bring together, utilise and structure to provide accurate reporting. The Business Intelligence Programme Manager will be responsible for driving forward the delivery of the Data Strategy incorporating data integrity, governance and data ownership to allow delivery of accurate data and self-service reporting. This role will also develop data analytics and advance data use techniques to deliver meaningful and proactive business information. The Business Intelligence Programme Manager will be a trusted advisor to multiple stakeholders across the institution, leveraging extensive project management experience and influencing skills to advise on solution-based and data-driven decisions to deliver the outcomes set out in the strategic business plan. The Business Intelligence Programme Manager will articulate complex themes into meaningful narratives supported by data and insight. Strategic skills with an ability to see the big picture, distil complexity in a simple storyline and draw out the so-what for GBS.
- Responsible for the delivery of business value through the production of data analytics solutions
- Play a vital role in the translation of data into meaningful and actionable insights
- Overall responsibility for the BI Reporting, which provides all commercial and statutory reporting
- Full ownership of the current reporting architecture and responsibility for administration, design and implementation of future development in line with projects in the BI programme
- Work closely with Academic Registry, Timetabling, Business Analysts, and other business areas to deliver all functional reports and dashboards in line with the architecture and design.
- Ensure data integrity and consistency at all times, and provide robust technical designs
- Working with Head of Planning, Information and Delivery to set and maintain accurate business forecasting, covering key elements such as student numbers
- Work with business stakeholders to achieve safe transition of reports from the 'As Is' to 'To Be' requirements in the most efficient and quality assured manner.
- Deliver data governance strategy
- Working with stakeholders to resolve data/reporting issues through configuration, data cleansing, de-duplication, consolidation and rationalisation of reporting requirements where appropriate.
- Ensure that the BI Reports are tuned for optimal performance.
- Communicate with the technical team, senior management and non-technical user groups to ensure technical solutions are in line with business requirements
- Design/Business Analysis - translation of business requirements into design specifications, Data modelling etc.
- Designs large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result
- Ownership of documentation relating to all work and standard operating procedures under agreed standards
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as necessary
- Managing confidential information
Planning & Organisation
- Own reporting cycles related to the delivery of the GBS Strategic Plan
- Student number planning, to include the development of forecasting models, informed by business insights and market research. Work with stakeholders to gain institutional agreement for planning assumptions.
- Responsible for the completion of data returns concerning student numbers, ensuring that the information is accurate, timely and the implications of data trends are all understood. You will work with the other data owners in the business to ensure returns are consistent with each other.
- Ensure projects have a clear business justification, the quantified business case continued business agreement, and defined objectives and goals.
- Follow appropriate governance and compliance processes and ensure each project has a Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Ensure progress is measured, corrective action is taken, and that project governance is operated via status reporting and steering group meetings.
- Increase the accuracy of project estimates after the initiation phase and ensure contingency budget is managed, not consumed.
- Familiarity with modern data visualisation and analytics tools
- The ability to produce informative, relevant, and user-friendly reports
- Knowledge of streamlining data collection and analysis procedures to ensure fast access to metrics
- Proven experience in supporting and implementing complex data management systems and maintaining high-standard data security practices
- Track record of developing and supporting team members to deliver to deadlines
- Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders
- Extensive experience of Microsoft BI products, data architecture and data warehouses
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Microsoft PowerBI experience and qualifications
- Applicants should be comfortable with a number of our technologies (e.g. Azure, Unit 4, EventMap, data warehousing)
- significant experience of leading and successfully delivering complex multi-functional projects covering both Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Minimum 3 years working in a technical delivery role
- Desirably with higher/further education sector experience and understanding