Jobs at Socially Recruited
Owlets Nursery is situated on the University campus in a modern purpose-built nursery. The Nursery has 4 big, bright spacious playrooms all of which have their own covered outdoor area which children can play freely indoors or outside. All children access our large, grassed area which surrounds the nursery daily no matter what the weather! We have an exciting opportunity and are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Deputy Nursery Manager to join our friendly team as we expand the Nursery provision.
Key role objective:
To assist and work collaboratively with the Nursery Manager to provide professional and inspirational leadership and pro-active management of the Nursery, and to help ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education. To deputise in the absence of the Nursery Manager and effectively undertake the day-to-day management and running of the Nursery.
Your role will include:
• Working alongside the Nursery Manager to ensure the effective operation of the nursery within Ofsted regulations and taking management decisions to maintain the high standards within the nursery
• Carrying out general administration duties linked to the running of the nursery
• Deputising for the manager
• To oversee, step in, run and support a specific nursery unit with age-appropriate learning objectives, demonstrating exemplary practice when applicable.
You must have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and be qualified to at least Level 3 in Childcare.
You must be keen to take on further professional qualifications to further enhance your skills and abilities to develop your career.
You will be open and welcoming, patient and caring with a flexible approach to your working patterns.
You will be suitably experienced at working with children under five years old and have expertise in helping young children develop early communication skills, early movement and social and emotional wellbeing.
We are very proud of our Nursery and the care and education we give to the children who attend, therefore you will be committed providing high quality childcare at all times and take a keen interest in new developments in childcare that can be implemented to further improve our already good practice.
The college offers great opportunities for professional development and further training, as well as:
• 31 days paid holiday each year plus Bank Holidays. The Nursery is also closed for two weeks over the Christmas period.
• Numerous discounts at local retailers
• Cycle to work benefit scheme
• Discounted college courses for adults
• Totum NUS Discount Card
• A range of staff development and wellbeing activities