If you have exceptional Transport Planning experience and strong organisational skills, we want to hear from you.
We’re searching for a new Transport Planner to work in our highly motivated, inclusive and productive Transport Team that delivers a high-quality, cost-effective transportation service and support our colleagues in operations, commercial teams and the overall network.
- Full Training
- Immediate Start
- Bonus Scheme
- Competitive Pay
- Ensure all collections and deliveries (HGV and Van fleet) are planned in the most optimum way and in line with compliance and business agreed SLA’S.
- Build relationships with internal and external service providers and clients, networking proactively across the business to ensure efficient sharing of information.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the operation and process in regards to handovers, forecasts and capacity of the network in order to plan effectively and react to demands of the business.
- Review KPI’s with regards to collection and delivery performance and take action in areas in need of improvement.
- Update and maintain transport systems to provide the most accurate data for review and analysis.
- Understand and plan in line with regulations on driving hours, working time directives and road legalities.
- Consider the cost impact of planning and take decisive actions to ensure the operation runs to budget. Think of wider impact to the business in everything you plan and support the team in making changes to improve and optimise the network.
- Deliver on cost savings initiatives in line with personal and business objectives. This will involve optimisation, process change and analysis of data on forecast vs actuals.
We would welcome applications with the following skills; Transport Planner, Administration, Planning, Transport Management, Process Management, Cost Management, SLAs, Client Relationship Management, Customer Service, Admin, IT Literate, Analysis, Reporting, Driving Regulations, Legislation, Compliance.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Planning, prioritising and organisation skills and accuracy when maintaining records.
- To be flexible with hours of work as evening and weekend work may be required in line with business requirements.
- Understanding of the Whistl network and operation.
- IT Literate, intermediate MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills – Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to Management. Numerate with a methodical approach.
- The ability to generate reports.
- Good Geographical and UK road network knowledge.
- Previous experience in the use of transport systems, TMS and tracking.
About The Company
Whistl is a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.
Whistl is a Disability Confident employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all in all of our employment policies and practices.