Space Machines Company (SMC) is a Space start-up developing in-space logistics and transportation capabilities to cost-effectively insert small satellites into desired low earth orbits (LEO), geostationary earth orbits (GEO) and lunar orbits. SMC vehicles will grow in future to maintain, refuel, repair and decommission satellites and other spacecraft.
Space Machines Company is looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in Bangalore, India. We have a number of projects in the early stages of development that require expert input to deliver.
What we are looking for:
- embedded linux development (Yocto/Petalinux) for onboard computing
- navigation, guidance and control
- time sensitive operations (latency, preemption models, interrupt handling)
- bare metal or RTOS programming for
- digital signal processing, including imagery
- high-precision electro-mechanical system control
- power electronics management
- high reliability and resilience, via hardware or software
- redundancy (eg TMR, lock-step)
- familiarity with common communication protocols (ethernet, CAN, UART, I2C, SPI)
You will have:
- a degree in Computer Engineering or a related field
- at least 8 years experience delivering embedded software projects
- at least 2 years experience developing flight software for satellite systems
- strong C/C++ skills
- worked programming MCUs, FPGAs, SoCs, DSPs
- a strong understanding of digital signal processing
- a strong understanding of relevant concepts like timing, ISRs, latency, multi-threading, exception handling
- familiarity with the problems of radiation in electronics and how to mitigate them
- the ability to work closely with hardware engineers
- the ability to clearly communicate at an appropriate level with non-technical personnel
- Xilinx Zynq SoC experience
- Rust programming (bare-metal is double bonus)
- FPGA programming experience
- Erlang/Elixir programming
- experience programming motor controller electronics
You will need the ability to work in a start-up environment and grow with us as our capabilities expand. Communication and stakeholder management skills will be key to the success of this role, and we expect you to be pro-active, creative, enthusiastic and results oriented.
The role will work closely with the engineering teams in both India and Australia, and some travel may be required for the role.