Space Machines Company is an Australian startup developing in-space transportation services and related infrastructure to cost-effectively support satellite missions to reach their desired destinations in low earth orbits (LEO), geostationary earth orbits (GEO), Lunar Orbits, and beyond.
Our Orbital Transports that enable these in-space transportation services are currently being designed and developed. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Program Manager to help us successfully manage the development, qualification, and launch of these spacecraft.
As Program Manager you will:
- Lead engineering team in the execution and planning of multiple spacecraft programs from design to launch.
- Responsible for overall schedule, budgets, and resources for the program.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders on program progress & potential delays.
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that further the company's roadmap.
- Implement agile systems engineering principles and processes.
- Vendor and Partner Management.
- Analyze, evaluate, and mitigate program risks, and produce high-quality visualizations and reports.
Professional Experience Sought:
- Required experience in the space industry and technical background in spacecraft design, qualification, and/or launch process.
- Experience in spacecraft management or Program Management of technical systems in complex environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Related Field.
- 4-6 years in a technical or project management role
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of MBSE and concurrent engineering fundamentals.