Space Machines Company is an Australian start-up developing in-space transportation services
and related infrastructure to cost-effectively support satellite missions reach their desired
destinations in low earth orbits (LEO), geostationary earth orbits (GEO), Lunar Orbits, and
Our Orbital Transports that enable these in-space transportation services are currently being
designed and developed. We are looking for entrepreneurial and experienced propulsion Engineers to lead end-to-end design and development of a high thrust, low power, Microwave Electrothermal Thruster (MET) for spacecraft propulsion
- Aid the development of propulsion components and systems from initial concept to assembly, integration, and test.
- Comprehensive understanding of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer theories.
- Able to generate a 1D fluid and thermal model for the propulsion system and characterize the system from the model.
- Experience with mechanical design on propulsion related components.
- Experience with working in vacuum systems, understand vacuum standards.
- Participate in all hands-on work such as propulsion system assembly, component level functional testing, and system-level bench testing.
- Execute test plans for acceptance, qualification, and endurance testing of propulsion flight systems and components.
- Participate in qualification, integration, and testing of flight propulsion systems and components.
- Assist in the definition and documentation of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- Work with other engineers to drive components and subsystems to flight maturity.
Skills And Experience
- BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent
- Hands-On: the desire to be involved with design, test, and assembly
- 2-4+ years of experience with engineering design and test, preferably with in-space propulsion systems
- Desirable: Good understanding of RF power, especially microwave waveguide components and vacuum tubes
- Self Starter with the ability to work unsupervised with remote teams