Space Machines Company is an Australian start-up developing in-space transportation services
and related infrastructure to cost-effectively support satellite missions reach their desired
destinations in low earth orbits (LEO), geostationary earth orbits (GEO), Lunar Orbits, and
Our Orbital Transports that enable these in-space transportation services are currently being
designed and developed. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Power Systems Engineers to drive the development and testing of the Electrical Power System (EPS) and its components
- Understand the spacecraft bus and electrical power subsystem as a whole
- Perform trade studies to optimize the electrical power system based on technical compliance/cost/schedule/mass or other key parameters
- Be responsible for detailed technical knowledge of various electrical power equipment including power electronics, spacecraft batteries, solar arrays, spacecraft harnessing, etc.
- Develop requirements for power systems components
- Interface/support thermal management subsystem design, bus electrical schematics, and cable harness layout
- Interface with vendors of power electronics, batteries, solar arrays, etc. to support procurements and provide technical oversight of subcontractors
- Prepare proposal costing and technical assessments
- Prepare and present technical packages for design reviews
- Develop ground support equipment, in concert with other disciplines, for performing power system testing
- Support manufacture, integration, and test of the power system.
Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required, or possibly B.S. in Aerospace or Computer Engineering.
- At least three to ten years of related experience in spacecraft power systems.
- Must have prior experience designing electrical power systems for a satellite, preferably a PCDU (Power Control and Distribution Unit).
- Understanding of the radiation considerations for the use of COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) components in satellite systems.
- Experience with System Requirement Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a remote team, good communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with a strong work ethic.