Space Machines Company is an Australian start-up developing in-space transportation services
and related infrastructure to cost-effectively support satellite missions reach their desired
destinations in low earth orbits (LEO), geostationary earth orbits (GEO), Lunar Orbits, and
Our Orbital Transports that enable these in-space transportation services are currently being
designed and developed. We are looking for entrepreneurial and experienced thermal Engineers to drive the thermal design and analysis through the development, qualification, and launch of these spacecraft.
- Thermal design and analysis of spacecraft and spacecraft components.
- Perform the equipment conceptual design and establishing of thermal models (GMM and TMM);
- Work with mechanical design engineers to ensure all components are maintained within acceptable temperature limits.
- Source, spec, and procure thermal hardware.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Conducting trade-off studies to support thermal design decisions, for manufacture and assembly;
- Detailed project work in planning, executing, reporting of thermal test environments, qualification, verification, calibration activities, and operation of space hardware;
Skills and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree plus 6-15 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with detailed thermal analysis of spacecraft at the system and component levels.
- Knowledge of Matlab, FeMap or HyperMesh is highly desirable;
- Working knowledge of the main European thermal analysis tools (ESATAN-TMS) OR Experience using Thermal Desktop to build and run thermal models of spacecraft in various space environments.
- Experience defining requirements for thermal systems and components.
- Familiarity with thermal hardware such as heat pipes, heat pumps, louvers, heat straps, phase change materials, and radiators.
- Familiarity with the space environment and how it affects hardware.
- Familiarity with material selection and material coatings for space applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.