Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
- Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
- Experience with most or all of the following technologies is preferred: PCR and qPCR
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation and instrument runs Operation of liquid handling systems
- Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
- Integrated laboratory information management systems
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bsc and Msc in biological sciences or related field is required. MS and/or MT (ASCP) certification in Molecular Biology is preferred.