Vashi, Maharashtra, India
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safe conditions and will be passionate about doing work that makes things move forward.
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
· Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
· Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
· Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
· Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
· Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
· Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
Required Experience and Qualifications
· Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
· Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
· In-depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
· Excellent physical condition and endurance
· Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
· Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
· Valid laboratory technician license