Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The Molecular Technologist is responsible for performing all aspects of testing in a clinical molecular Laboratory. The technologists evaluate and introduce new material, methods, and equipment to help determine the feasibility and/or adaptability for clinical molecular studies.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Performs routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
· Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
· Oversees inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies.
· Experience with most or all of the following technologies is preferred: PCR and qPCR
· Next-generation sequencing library preparation and instrument runs Operation of liquid handling systems
· Capillary electrophoresis: Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis
· Integrated laboratory information management systems