Speaks clearly, distinctly, and with a friendly, courteous tone.
Uses listening skills to put callers at ease and obtains accurate, complete information.
Answers incoming calls and directs them through the telephone console or to others at the help desk or departments.
Takes and distributes messages for patients and other stake holders, provides information laboratory services, and answers inquires if required.
TELEPHONE OPERATOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers incoming calls.
- Directs call to doctors, staff, or departments through the system.
- Places outgoing calls.
- Receives messages and deliver the same to the the concerned person/department.
- Logs all call requests.
- Reports daily log of in bound calls
- Provides information about lab services to patients
- Understand the telephone operator system
- Provides paging services / traces on field technicians when necessary
- Knows what action to take when an emergency call is required.
- Assists in reporting telephone equipment or service complaints and problems.
- Following telephone etiquette.
- Trains or assists with training new telephone operators in performance of job duties.
- To be fully aware of and adhere of health safety, and quality issues
- Multitasking abilities will always come in handy, because an operator may be asked to do other jobs as well.
- Must be polite and courteous while answering the phone.
- Open and close telephone functionality on the helpdesk software.
- Keep records of calls placed and received by all departments and recording the call if required
- Update directory information at all times.
- Provides a paging service for hotel guests and employees. Process guest wake-up calls.
Experience: Previous hotel-related or hospital experience desired. If not worked where high volume of calls
- 2-5 years experience related professional area as above
- Proven track record inhospitality or healthcare industry
- English Hindi and Marathi is a must. Another language is a plus.
- Well groomed, natural and charming, very friendly and always professional