Title: Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Architect
What is Strut Learning? Strut lowers the cost of delivering high-quality education. This enables educational institutions to increase access to underserved populations.
- innovative learning platform enables institutions to offer quality education opportunities to under-served students who require a highly flexible schedule.
- leverages leading cloud technology to create learning environments.
- system is used by major universities to deliver high-quality, accredited programs.
Strut Learning is seeking an experienced Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) Architect. The incumbent will enhance and maintain platform Analytics and integrated Deep Data product for our next generation Competency Based Education SaaS Learning Management platform. This key position is responsible for the data architecture of RDS Postgres database, Extract Transform and Loading (ETL), build reports & dashboards using Jaspersoft Reporting and Analytics services hosted on AWS cloud. The Data Warehouse and BI Architect will be working in an Agile SCRUM team along with other team members including UX designers, developers, Product Managers and QA analysts. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein Strut Learning operates.
Primary Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain database applications using state-of-the-art tools and technologies
- Design, develop and maintain data warehouse, data mart data models; develop ETL load processes and data extracts.
- Develop database code modules on PostgreSQL RDBMS that are hosted on AWS cloud.
- Develop best-in-class data visualizations, dashboards, and reports that communicate critical insights to drive decision making using Jaspersoft, JasperReports Server.
- Perform thorough unit testing of developed modules and develop automation tests that can help speed up future regression.
- Follow standard application development standards and best practices as well as those tailored to our internal development environment.
- Manage, monitor and enforce security over AWS data and reporting services and other systems that access the Strut Learning’s SaaS platform to include oversight over the process of adding new users and changing permissions. Monitor database and middleware logs on a regular cadence and report any anomalies.
Education, Experience, Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as an AWS Postgres DBA in a production enterprise SaaS environment.
- 3-5 years of experience integrating data into business decisions (data warehouse, data architecture, data analytics)
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert level skills in database technologies, SQL and working experience in PostgreSQL
- Experience in Reports and Dashboard development using Business Intelligence tools such as Jaspersoft Reports.
- Familiarity with data modeling and working knowledge in a data warehousing environment
- Working knowledge of Data Integration and ETL tools
- Experience with scripting languages including Unix Shell
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in a SaaS environment, including cloning database instances and installing updates.
- Experience with database development within a SaaS environment
- Experience Unix scripting and Python or similar scripting languages
- Demonstrated application of end-to-end architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs
Related KW’s - BI Architect, SQL Database Architect, SQL DBA - Administrator/Architect, Database Administrator – Architect, SQL DBA – SaaS, Senior SQL DBA,