Looking for an experienced baker who can / has:
- at least 2 to 3 years experience baking pastries, cakes, cookies, breads, custards, and other bakery items within a high volume environment
- Team-oriented work ethic
- Understand, maintain, follow recipes and practices that adhere to and uphold Tandem’s aesthetic and quality commitment
- Respect and desire to be a part of all bakery operations and atmosphere
- Familiarity using large scale kitchen equipment such as mixers, scales, ovens, stove, blenders, knives, food processors and other equipment
- Possess excellent communication skills with coworkers and managers, ability to bring any inventory, production or equipment needs to the management’s attention.
- Demonstrate time management skills with the ability to take direction and self-direct during slow periods.
- Work with a sense of urgency, creativity and ability to make decisions with consideration and professionalism
- be comfortable asking questions and receiving direction and critique
- consistent attendance and punctuality with availability both early mornings (4 am), weekends and holidays
- comfortable working in an open kitchen
- ability to follow prep lists, recipes, written and verbal direction
- ability to mix and shape pastries by hand
- consistent attention to detail, cleanliness, and organization
- ability to perform physical tasks - lift 50 lbs above waist
- follow food service safety protocols, as well as COVID-related protocols when needed
This is a full time, hourly position that reports to the Kitchen Manager and Head Baker.
Benefits include but are not limited to: a percentage of tips, accrued paid time off, a monthly contribution towards health insurance, matching 401k after one year, and more.