At Tara we’re building the fastest, simplest and effortless platform to define, track and automate the process of building software. Our mission is to help the growing number of 7000+ orgs and hundreds of industries on Tara to git ship done!
We’re bringing a much needed layer of smarts, automation and workflow integration to empower users to solve complex engineering and product problems. These include pains around visibility into product and engineering, improving engineering productivity without burnout and moving away from using issue tickets as a measure of progress. At Tara, we believe the future is ticketless for product and engineering teams globally.
Who will I be working with?
We're a founding team of seasoned engineers and product folks. Our team's experience spans across building productivity software to mission critical enterprise software. We're passionate about enabling engineers and builders that create the platforms the world uses, everyday. Our notable investors include Slack, YCombinator and Acrew.
For this role you will be working alongside with our team of passionate Front-End Engineers and will have regular interactions with our CTO, Head of Product and the Front-End Engineering Manager. This is a fully remote role and we're hiring globally!
Our Tech and A-Sync Stack for Remote Work.
The Tara platform is built on React, Redux and Typescript with a microservices infrastructure that is powered by Google Cloud.
We define requirements, run sprints and view progress on Tara. This is a unique opportunity where you use what you build, every single day. We communicate daily over slack and email and conduct scheduled meetings over Google Meets.
Why Apply to be a part of Tara Engineering Team?
- If you’re passionate about making engineering and product teams productive
- If you’re ecstatic about changing the way the world builds software
- If you’re excited about solving complex technical problems and enabling your peers to succeed
- If you enjoy bringing structure to code and processes
- If you truly thrive in a collaborative environment
- If you love using, improving and growing what you build
Your role at Tara
- Partner with Senior Engineering Leadership to craft, analyze, design, and implement Front-End Architecture with the help of the engineering team.
- Take ownership of architectural decisions on our tech stack
- Document and maintain coding standards for junior engineers to follow
- Provide guidance and pair program with junior engineers when needed.
- Review PR’s and ensure that they meet coding and testing standards
- Ensure that our app runs performantly and has an app performance first mindset, this includes keeping track of app performance and introducing new performance metrics to measure and maintain.
- Collaborate with product management and assist with finalizing feature specifications and deadlines.
- 6+ years of experience with at least 3 years as a Senior Engineer with proven career progression at an organization
- Strong Knowledge of React, Redux and Typescript and a track record of architecting, maintaining and implementing complex systems.
- Some experience with Google Cloud Platform services such as Cloud Run, Pubsub and Cloud Functions
- Should have worked in an environment where you were actively involved in scoping technical solutions alongside a product manager or product owner .
- Former experience at a growing startup is a plus
- Strong commitment to rapid iteration and maintaining a positive developer experience for proposed solutions.
- Should have actively contributed to and maintained coding standard docs or wikis
- Ability to balance systemic thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment
What we offer
- 100% healthcare coverage with Platinum medical and dental plans
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Remote work and training stipend
- Stock options
- Regular virtual happy hours and team bonding activities
***Must be able to work US hours (Pacific Standard Time)***