Do you want to be part of one of the UK’s most exciting wearable technology startups?
At Tended, we create truly first-of-a-kind safety systems that utilise some of the most advanced technologies on the market, alongside behavioural science, to help detect and prevent accidents in the workplace. We’re a venture-backed tech startup with 40 incredible people, working alongside some of the world's largest companies.
This is an opportunity to head up the UI and UX side of Tended. Taking complete ownership of the UI & UX design of our commercial platforms and apps across web, desktop, mobile and wearables.
In this role you will spend your time designing and understanding customer needs and challenges to deliver elegant solutions. Testing and evaluating what really works for the business and the clients we provide our services for.
We have multiple products that span across desktop, mobile and wearables, meaning a strong understanding of UI & UX is required to ensure that the products Tended are building are incredibly user focused and effortless to use.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with customers, product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe XD or Figma
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
Reasons to join us:
- Flexible hours and option of remote work from a location of your choice🏝
- Fast-moving startup with many opportunities for growth 🌱
- Open-minded culture that appreciates differences and welcomes criticism 👐
- Feedback driven, supportive and curious team with DIY mindset 🤔 🛠
- Team that seizes every opportunity to celebrate success 🏆 🕺🏾💃🏼
- 33 days of paid holiday each year 🌍
- Learning and development budgets 📚
- Free gym membership 🏋🏿♀️
- Wellbeing and mindfulness budget 💆🏼♂️🧠
- Paid charity days and regular remote social activities with prizes 🎁
- Judgement free mental health policy with instant access to free therapy ❤️
- Mac or Windows laptop of your choice 💻
- Kitchen, fully-stocked with snacks and beverages if you’re wanting to work in-office 👨🏻🍳
- Initial "get to know you" interview at a time that suits your schedule 📆
- Second interview with our CEO and some other key members of the team
- Final interview - Harley, the office dog, on your first day (FYI, this is the deal breaker, we recommend bringing some treats)
Questions about the company, job role or just want to chat first? We’re always happy to talk so pop an email or DM us on twitter.
Required: Please attach or link a portfolio.