Our Fortune 500 client is a trusted industry-leading global supplier of large innovative electromechanical equipment and services. Working on their behalf, we have been retained to assist in bringing on a seasoned, talented Director of Aftermarket Spares Management to join this world-class organization in a strategic, key role for the company based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are The Adkins Group, Inc. (www.theadkinsgroup.com), a retained executive search and recruitment services firm based in Austin, Texas, focused primarily on the technology sector.
We are seeking an experienced Director (or upwardly mobile Senior Manager) to help lead the support the Global Spares Operations support team. This is a newly created role as a result of growth in the business, with a need to strengthen the leadership and strategic foundation further with the addition of an experienced Director.
Business levels have doubled in the past 3 years and will double again over the next 5 years. During this timeframe our client is looking to hire the organization’s next generation of Leaders and Subject Matter Experts to lead and support 300 globally distributed people. This support function is located in California, with its HQ team evenly distributed with Bangalore, India.
We are looking to speak with individuals who are not only committed to continuous improvement but who are also positive disruptors who can help the spares operations team revolutionize the company’s 4 core Operating Principles: (a) commercial capability, (b) quality of services rendered, (c) speed to solutions, and (d) scalability/productivity.
In this critical Spares Operations role, you will partner with Regional Spares Managers and Regional Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to effectively and efficiently serve Customers and Field Service Engineers (FSEs) needs for Spare Parts through an on-going commitment to innovation, teamwork, and continuous improvement. As the Customer Service Director, you will lead a Globally distributed 24X7 Customer Service Call Center, a distributed Escalations Team (India and California) and effectively lead multiple Customer Service Program Managers.
In this role, you will:
* Develop, establish and maintain operational policies within the Customer Call Center that is 24X7, distributed globally and is in a demanding Service Level environment (including order fulfillment times <2 hours)
* Maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
* Partner with other Business Units to develop CSR scalable tools and processes that support new and evolving Service products/programs.
* Develop, lead and manage an organizational structure that meets the goals of the organization.
* Lead a distributed Escalations Team (India and California). Define strategy that ensures prompt resolutions of escalations.
* Implement plans for key initiatives and investment areas to achieve defined objectives
* Work in a Matrixed, Global Organization, effectively collaborating across functional and geographic boundaries.
* Partner with Regional Spares Managers to indirectly influence regional CSRs.
* Manage budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly.
* Maintain a culture of Continuous Improvement.
· If the following describes you, we would love to talk with you about the role.
* Have developed, established, improved and maintained operational policies within a large company Customer Call Center that is 24X7, distributed globally and is in a demanding Service Level environment (including order fulfillment times <2 hours), preferably in a high-mix large electronic systems/products company.
* Have led a global distributed Escalations Team and defined a strategy that ensures prompt resolutions of escalations.
* Have worked in a Matrixed, Global Organization, effectively collaborating across functional and geographic boundaries.
* Have significant experience with Customer Service tasks like Quoting, Pricing, Order Processing, Customer Warranty assessments, and Returns.
* Can demonstrate success in launching Customer Service Order Management automation and low-touch solution options.
* Have maintained a culture of Continuous Improvement.
* Have demonstrated success in driving and sustaining BKMs across multiple sites.
* You have maintained an effective Training program that ensures a global presence of professional and qualified CSRs.
* Have demonstrated success in introducing and maintaining a CSR Quality Control program.
* Have demonstrated commitment to process Documentation.
* Have experience working with both external Customers and internal Customers (FSEs)
* Are a creative thinker and strong problem solver with troubleshooting capabilities.
* Are a strong Project Manager.
* Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Have strong quantitative skills and knowledge of data warehouse applications.
* Have a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or 6 years and a master’s degree.
* Have a demonstrated track record of working a in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team where success depends on the contributions of everyone.
* Have a high degree of comfort performing in an ambiguous, fast paced, but highly rewarding and stimulating environment.