San Francisco Bay area or Portland, Oregon, California or Oregon, United States
Our Fortune 500 client is a trusted industry-leading global supplier of large innovative electromechanical equipment and services. On their behalf, our firm has been retained to find an experienced Director, Business Operations (Process, System Transformation--Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics) to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Portland, Oregon.
This is a leadership PMO role for the Business Processes & Systems transformation team in Global Operations. In this position, you will provide leadership in setting the strategic direction, architecting solutions, staffing teams and leading the roadmap for operations as our client grows its manufacturing volume and footprint. You will have responsibility for setting 3-5 year strategic roadmaps and managing a portfolio of projects in support of that roadmap. You will be accountable for delivering solutions that enable flexible manufacturing capabilities, business planning redesign, material procurement enhancement, and scaling productivity in the organization.
In this role, you will:
* Use your business process and systems transformational project background to lead a mix of direct and cross-functional project teams in implementing transformational change in and across our client's Global Operations.
* Use your SAP experience in a planning/supply chain/logistics/manufacturing systems environment to deliver solutions that enable flexible manufacturing capabilities, business planning redesign, material procurement enhancement, and scaling productivity in the organization.
* Influence stakeholders across the organization for change and inspire to commit stakeholders to support the cause.
* Manage cross-functional projects with stakeholders across Global Operations, Sales Operations, Product Groups, Finance and Global Information Systems in designing, building, testing and deploying solutions to production.
* Manage external consulting teams in the delivery of projects to aligned outcomes.
* Manage capital budgets and resource plans to ensure on time and on budget project delivery.
* Maintain up to date knowledge on industry best practices, software products and emerging trends.
* Gain full understanding of the organization's related business processes in your first year.
* Understand the currency of business process upgrades in motion through various tracks.
* Design, develop or maintain existing / new program roadmaps.
* Manage and develop the team capable to lead transformational change.
* Ensure alignment across multiple initiatives across organizations and programs within Global Ops and the corporation.
* Manage consulting engagements for discovery, proof of concept and implementation engagements.
* Communicate effectively in presentations, meetings and in writing with all levels of executive management and employees.
* Manage budgets for projects.
* Develop and mentor staff in managing transformational projects.
* Keep the team motivated, resolve roadblocks and sustain the vision for the change – be the champion for the vision and connect it to the overall health of the organization – financially and strategically.
* Keep the company updated in the transformation journey.
* Gain alignment on business value and prioritization of project opportunities across multiple stakeholders.
· You have extensive experience leading business Process and Operations Systems transformational projects, with a specialty in planning and supply chain systems (SAP experience is a must. Planning, S&OP, Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing experience).
· You have extensive implementation experience in planning and supply chain systems implementations (SAP IBP, APO, Ariba or similar products).
· You have the ability to understand a diverse set of business requirements from multiple business units and factories and synthesize requirements while driving for standardization and consistency across the company.
· You excel at communicating and gaining alignment across all levels in the organization and across different stakeholder organizations including but not limited to: finance, sales operations, supply chain management, logistics and order fulfillment.
· You have a BA/BS in Engineering, Business or related field, MS/MBA would be ideal.
· You have experience with Integrated Business Planning and/or Ariba is ideal.
· 10+ years of experience, 5+ years in a management capacity with responsibility for operations systems, planning, order fulfillment, and S&OP.
· You have demonstrated experience leading teams and influencing stakeholders in matrix environment.
· You are a highly analytical, strategic thinker with proven track record of implementing large scale transformations.