San Francisco, CA, United States
We are seeking a top-notch Director of Logistics for our client to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Spare Operations and Logistics (who reports directly to the VP of Operations), this Logistics leadership role will manage complex projects, identify improvements required and implement proposals. Initially, you will have the following functions reporting to you: Spares Operations, Depot Support, and Freight Support.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Logistics - Translation of client issues/projects into technical collection specifications and analytic questions for downloading to field data collectors.
• Providing strategic direction, leadership, and support to the function, direct reports, and peers.
• Continuous improvement of performance by optimizing roles, processes and outcomes.
• Moving and storing material worldwide in an effective and efficient manner; contracting and managing carriers, forwarders and 3PL’s.
• Negotiating improvement options with customers.
• Developing computer systems and business processes for those improvements.
• Driving efficiencies in the company's international trade Duty payment optimization.
• Import and export flow improvement.
• Drive rapid improvement in client satisfaction, team development, productive capacity and overall quality of the company's processes, projects & products.
• Client Project Management - Client-facing custom project management.
In this role you will:
· Be responsible for Logistics (freight, warehousing, year over year cost reduction, managing 3PL and managing, customer service (reverse logistics) order entry to operations.
· Responsible for meeting Service Level Agreement (SLA) commitments.
· You’ll work with 3PL partners, delivery and cost and network design across the globe (will need a proven track record of saving money).
· Provide Logistics leadership: warehousing, freight, compliance (globally) ->$100M spend/ annually.
a. Working with 3PL partners to establish optimum structure for flexibility, delivery / and costs.
b. Network design optimization across the globe.
c. Proven track record of achieving year over year cost reduction.
· Manage and forecast manufacturing (raw and wip) Inventory & Excess / obsolete inventory.
· Be responsible for all freight inbound, interplant and spares outbound management.
· Have responsibility for duty and tax compliance related to raw material import, re-export.
· Responsible for setting crating design standards.
· Maintain Operating Rhythm: Establish and run GLIS operating accountability systems; (Qtly OPS reviews (internal and with CSBG-IBR) and weekly review meetings with company regions.
· Manage all continuous Improvement programs:
1. Quality system improvement programs and addressing customer audit recommendations.
2. Strategic programs: Logistics footprint design, and inventory optimization.
3. Year over year Cost reduction programs related to logistics: warehousing, freight, duty, crating etc.
· Utilize your detailed functional expertise and broad knowledge of Logistics and Materials.
· Influence other functions in a matrixed environment.
· Identify and evaluate fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for function.
· Size/scope relevant to our client. Will have responsibilities for customer service, order entry, logistics 3PL or freight.
If the following describes you, we would love to talk with you about the role:
· BS/BA or equivalent. MS/MBA/MA preferred.
· 8-10 years of related Logistics and Materials experience with 5+ years in senior or director level management.
· Executive level influencing and presentation skills
· Must have a solid experience running a planning group using SAP
· Experience Managing worldwide freight and and 3PL depot/consolidation centers.
· Experience running spare parts planning software (MCA, Servigistics, or PTC) is preferred.
· Experienced managing /optimizing inventory/ turns by leveraging different tools.
· Strategic Program and Project management skills