Our Fortune 500 client is a trusted industry-leading global supplier of large innovative electromechanical equipment and services. On their behalf, we have been retained to find an experienced Logistics Manager to be based in Fremont, California.
We are The Adkins Group, Inc. (www.theadkinsgroup.com), a retained executive search and recruitment services firm based in Austin, Texas, focused primarily on the technology sector.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to be based in Fremont, CA. Reporting to the Senior Logistics Manager, this is a very visible position within the company. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, or critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, third-party warehousing and shipping/receiving activities.
In this role, you will:
--Oversee the planning and control the flow of materials, products, services and related systems information from point of origin to point of delivery.
--Develop and implement logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints.
--Provide financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories.
--Interact with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures.
--Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
--Maintain and support work safety and environmental rules.
--Oversee multiple warehouse and resupply operations across Fremont and Livermore, CA area.
--Be the point of escalation for Bay Area warehousing and resupply operation.
--Support and plan for Logistics business continuity.
--Represent Logistics in BCP drills and plan reviews, validate warehouse operational readiness.
--Organize, staff, lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams.
--Partner with various groups across the company to reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
--Proactively manage and respond to changes in the manufacturing build plan with required Logistics support.
--Support the implementation of systematic solutions to the Logistics operation that reduce errors and improve
quality to our internal and external customers.
--Report, present and follow-up on Logistics inventory, in-transit, aging metrics and DPPM.
--Champion quality improvement projects and root cause and corrective action across multiple regional and
--Be the liaison between the the company 3PL and internal customers for process and service-level improvements.
If the following describes you, we would love to talk with you about the role:
· Minimum 3-5+ years related experience in warehousing, transportation, solution implementation and project management.
· BA/BS in Production Management, Engineering, Business or related field, MS/MBA preferred.
· You can exhibit thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments.
· SAP knowledge is a must.
· You come from a large organization and can bring ideas, technologies, solutions , providing a new perspective on things.
· You are used to working in fast pace environments.
· Industry experience: Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager. Ideally your experience is with systems/equipment/products that have a lot of moving parts/processes and a rather complex global supply chain.
· You are local to the SF Bay area, or at least semi-local where you can at least drive in a few times a week for now (With COVID restricting air travel and the need for you to be hands on with the process, you will need to spend some time neck deep in what’s happening etc).
Other Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
o Reporting Skills (Power BI, etc.)
o Microsoft Office Skills (Power Point, Excel)
o Managing Processes
o Organization skills
o Analyzing Information (SQL, MS Access, etc.)
o Technical Understanding (drawings, designs, schematics)
o Problem Solving
o Inventory Control
o Customer Service
o Good Verbal Communication