Our Fortune 500 client is a trusted industry-leading global supplier of large innovative electromechanical systems and services. On their behalf, our firm has been retained to find an experienced Manufacturing Engineers to be based in the SF Bay area.
We are The Adkins Group, Inc. (www.theadkinsgroup.com), a retained executive search and recruitment services firm focused primarily on the technology sector. Our client has retained our firm to assist in bringing on seasoned, talented Manufacturing Engineers to join this world-class organization. We are working directly with leadership on this effort.
We are seeking experienced Manufacturing Engineers for to be based in the SF Bay area. Reporting to the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, these are very important, visible positions within the company. These roles are newly created as a result of increased release of new products, the complexity of new products, and a growth in the overall business.
In this role, you will:
o Review new designs for manufacturability and makes recommendations to design engineering on manufacturability improvements (DFMA, pFMEA, Serviceability, Safety, Ergonomics, and Modularity).
o Interface with manufacturing and design engineering in coordinating the release of new products.
o Drive implementation of engineering solution for issues identified during development cycle.
o Estimate manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for fixturing and process requirements of new product lines.
o Develop, implement and maintain methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacturing of sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
o Work with outside suppliers on outsourcing activities.
o Maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
o Design and procure manufacturing fixtures.
o Perform Virtual Builds: using 3D CAD models to determine product manufacturability including BOM validation, determine proper build sequence, labor hour estimation, DMFA, tooling and fixtures assessment.
For the more senior roles - in addition to above, you will:
o Be the single Point of Contact for entire product throughout the development cycle.
o Guide less experienced engineers on new initiatives.
o Perform make vs. buy cost assessment.
o Present on status of your project during product group phase review.
· If the following describes you, we would love to talk with you!
· You have a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Mechanical, Industrial or Electromechanical Engineering; or 2 years experience and a Master’s degree.
· For the more senior roles, a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Mechanical, Industrial or Electromechanical Engineering; or 6 years experience and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience.
· Ability to interpret schematic, P&ID, basic mechanical 2D drawing.
· You have experience driving solutions with the product group, are outspoken, have the ability to present to executive level staff, exude confidence to deliver bad news, and have the ability to escalate when necessary.
· You show ambition, initiative, ownership & accountability, sense of urgency, mutual respect.
Must have experience
o Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills that will enable the candidate to positively influence multi-level, cross functional teams.
o Familiarity with lean manufacturing methodologies as they apply to Low volume/high mix products.
o Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office products, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
o Experience with 3D modeling; Dassault, NX, CREO, SOLIDWORKS training strongly preferred.
o Experience in New Product Introduction or High-Volume Manufacturing environment.
o 1 – Development of large electromechanical systems in a New Product Introduction or Manufacturing environment.
o 2 – Development of highly configurable electromechanical industrial/capital equipment in a New Product Introduction or High-Volume Manufacturing environment.
o 3 – Development of Biomedical (MRI, CT scan), Automotive or Aerospace equipment in a New Product Introduction or High-Volume Manufacturing environment.
o Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Mechanical, Industrial or Electromechanical Engineering
o Master’s degree with a focus in Mechanical, Industrial or Electromechanical Engineering