Sidney, United States
Our client is a worldwide electronics leader and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of interconnect products. They are a top performing company with an unparalleled history of growth with over 100 locations throughout the world.
The company has been a leader in designing and manufacturing electrical components for the aviation and commercial industry for over 90 years. They are dedicated to providing new, creative solutions to those advanced and challenging market segments that demand an extraordinary level of supplier support and reaction.
Our client is currently seeking a driven, innovative individual for the position of Product Manager. This individual will oversee all aspects of the product line including overall sales and profitability and will drive cross functional collaboration on key projects and initiatives. This person will be part of developing new products and driving customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage following key indicators: gross/net margin by product on orders; gross/net order rate; gross/net revenue; order pipelines and forecasts.
• Monitor market share, product or technology gaps, key customer needs and emerging customers/markets. Key elements of this include: market identification and market share goals; competitive strengths and weaknesses; pricing strategies; cost reduction goals; new product introductions; gross margin goals; promotional plans.
• Field sales training including: training tools for use on web; training of new sales personnel; product training of field sales at sales meeting.
• Monthly Operation Reviews: discuss issues or successes on “path” goals; prepare and present monthly matrix on sales and margins objectives; update management on all issues, opportunities, market commentary and new product.
• Promotional plans including: literature creation and update; OEM advertising schedule; distribution promotional plans.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Five years of experience in a role working in Marketing, Customer Service or Sales in the manufacturing industry required.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
· Ability to travel 30%; mostly domestic with some international.