Austin, Texas, United States
On behalf of our Austin, Texas-based client company (the in-sourced shared services arm of a small portfolio of small to mid-size companies in the technology space), we are seeking a talented Senior Director of Human Resources. We are working directly with the senior leadership team on this effort.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. This is a high-visibility role at our client's corporate headquarters, reporting directly to the CEO.
In this role, you will:
Lead the entire HR function and will work directly with the executive team to translate their vision into actionable projects for the HR team.
1. Build (hire) an entire HR team capable of serving the employee needs of multiple operating companies.
2. Develop a service provider mindset to the HR functions, whereby the team has well documented and efficient processes for all HR functions and has methods to measure itself by the satisfaction of all stakeholders with which HR interacts.
3. Develop and implement a comprehensive training and development program.
4. Select, implement and maintain HR related software and systems that leverage automation of HR processes, ease of use and provide measurable and actionable reporting.
5. Ensure access to market data for compensation, benefits and survey results for benchmarking.
6. Hiring 3-4 HR team members (generalist, payroll, training and development).
7. Implement comprehensive KPIs that ensure the HR team is performing.
8. Review and evaluation of current HRIS systems against other options.
-Work collaboratively with executive management, managers, HR team, and other stakeholders to build a company culture of innovation, coach and mentor leaders on personal development and performance topics; consult with executives on key issues to understand business needs and to recommend solutions
-Create, document, and take ownership of HR processes and systems at a strategic level that align with overall company goals using best industry practices.
-Lead development and execute employee engagement and retention strategies, plans, and initiatives including the design and implementation of a training, mentoring and professional development and succession plans.
-Develop, manage and execute world class HR including compensation, benefits, rewards and recognition, compliance, employee relations to support the company’s values and culture, and to drive performance.
-Guide the administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with company practices, state and federal legal requirements.
-Serve as HRIS expert which will range from high-level system optimization and implementation to data entry, maintenance, and accuracy of employee data including; hiring of employees, terminations and one-time payments, time and attendance entries ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of employee data.
-Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve the HR policies and initiatives to enhance overall business performance and stay informed on relevant HR business practices and HR technology.
-Translate the strategic and tactical business initiatives into HR strategic and operational plans and successfully implement.
-Manage a variety of projects. Examples include; satisfaction surveys, employee relations, Employee Handbook updates, Open Enrollment timelines, introductory and annual performance reviews and much more.
-Handle benefits such as, Open Enrollment, 401(k) administration, employee questions, and interface with benefit providers.
-Conduct onboarding and orientation for all new hires.
-Assist with compliance-related requirements including EEO-1 submission, posting requirements, managing I-9 compliance, ACA compliance, audits, etc.
-Regularly track employee data and share metrics with internal stakeholders.
-Collaborate with HR team members, manage projects, and provide direction on HR-related programs and practices.
-Support Payroll team by confirming payroll deductions and pay data as well as serve as backup Payroll processor.
-Manage external RPO firm while ensuring that recruiting creates promoters in the candidate, employee and hiring manager populations 100% of the time.
-Manage 2-3 HR Generalists/Specialists.
You are comfortable with a high-volume workload and are not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves". You are not afraid to dig in and are looking for a place to where you can work to drive change and grow your career.
· -BA/BS plus 10+ years progressive human resources management/organization development experience.
· -Broad understanding of employment law, recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation, and benefits and HR Systems proficiency, selection & implementation.
· -Experience analyzing data to support decision-making and recommendations.
· -Ability to manage priorities and handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
· -Experience working with immigration counsel, employees and managers to ensure timely visas and compliance.
· -Ability to determine and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· -Strong management skills - able to develop plans and manage to results.
· -Demonstrated ability to think creatively and collaboratively about team member development and training.
· -Ability to influence and build credibility at all levels and establish collaborative working relationships.
· -Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
· -SPHR/PHR Certification is a plus.