Portland, Oregon area, Oregon, United States
Our Fortune 500 client is a trusted industry-leading global supplier of large innovative electromechanical equipment and services. On their behalf, our firm has been retained to find an experienced Senior Logistics, Warehouse Operations Manager to be based in the Portland, Oregon area.
We are The Adkins Group, Inc. (www.theadkinsgroup.com), a retained executive search and recruitment services firm focused primarily on the technology sector. Our client has retained our firm to assist in bringing on a seasoned, talented Senior Logistics Manager, Warehouse Operations to join this world-class organization in a strategic, key role for the company. We are working directly with leadership on this effort.
This is a newly created role as a result of growth in the business, with a need to strengthen the leadership and strategic foundation further with the addition of an experienced manager.
Using your extensive project management and data focused skills and background, you will be responsible for all aspects of the warehouse operations to include, but not limited to receiving, inventory control, selecting, loading, safety and security. You will coordinate operations with third party loading services and ensure customer support through accurate on-time shipments. You will have full responsibility to plan, organize, lead, and direct the activities of warehouse teammates. You will foster a positive work environment that promotes teammate involvement and ownership.
In this role, you will:
* Manage receiving activity to ensure on time delivery, release carrier equipment to avoid detention, and monitor yard management for proper spotting/movement.
* Manage inventory processing to ensure product availability for timely customer shipments.
* Create and manage solutions for inventory capacity problems.
* Responsible for warehouse expense control.
* Establish targets, objectives, and goals throughout the warehouse.
* Ensure operational objectives and processes in the physical distribution manual are in place and being followed.
* Manage contractor partner relationships & Material Handlers, directing & evaluating performance.
* Mutually set goals & objectives toward subordinate success and advancement.
* Through personal example and leadership promote safety, accident prevention, and incentive programs that promote excellence in warehouse operations.
* Support the investigation and root cause analysis of all loss events.
* Analyze monthly reports/records of all DC operations to assure best practices are in use to minimize cost and maximize efficiency.
* Assure building safety / security requirements are met, all occupants understand and comply with standard building rule.
* Lead project analysis and plans as may be directed by Director that result in combined efficiencies of transportation and warehouse operations
* Oversee the planning and controls the flow of materials, products, services and related systems information from point of origin to point of delivery.
* Be responsible for supply chain services, inventory control, or critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, third-party warehousing and shipping/receiving activities.
* Develop and implement logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints.
* Provide financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories.
* Exhibit thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments.
* Interact with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures.
* Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
· If the following describes you, we would love to talk with you about the role!
• 10+ years of prior Logistics experience within the tech industry, preferably large systems, with strong project management, data gathering focus, skills and experience.
• Demonstrated track record of working a in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team where success depends on the contributions of everyone.
• High degree of comfort performing in an ambiguous, fast-paced, but highly rewarding and stimulating environment.
• Superb communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required
• Academic focus in supply chain, business, engineering/computer sciences or other business-related discipline preferred.
• Master’s degree or above in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Statistics/Analytics, or other business-related discipline preferred.
• Lean 6 Sigma black belt preferred.
• ASCM/APICS certification preferred.
• ERP systems e.g. SAP
• Proficient with Excel – Microsoft Suite
• Inventory management
• Production planning
• Distribution and delivery
• Customer focus
• Experience serving an internal customer (manufacturing)
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Coaching leadership style
• Effective communication
• Analytical thinking
• Planning and organization
• Problem solving
• Change management – Leading Change
• Results focused
• Systems thinking
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills
• Growth, continuous improvement mindset
• Data driven decision maker with some innovative risk-taking capability
-BS degree in Logistics/Business Administration or a related degree
-Master’s degree preferred
-Six Sigma and APICS certifications