On behalf of our client company, we are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services, that will increase the firm’s reputation. You will serve as a business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes. This is a full-time role reporting to the Tax Partners. This is a great opportunity to manage and grow a large book of business. Our client is a 45-employee firm, with 7 partners, 2 tax teams. you will work on a tax team of 3 partners, and 8 staff of various levels.
1. Opportunity to build and manage a large book of business.
2. A strong career development opportunity through robust advisory program
3. Great location—central and less than 5% overnight travel
4. A competitive compensation package.
5. Exposure to all types of tax returns for privately held and non-profit entities.
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within a timeframe
- Review all levels of Federal and State tax returns (1040,1120,1120S,1065,1041,990)
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Coordinate accounting staff and assess their performance
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Maintain tax balances on the general ledger
- Prepare all tax papers on a regular basis and handle all information data requests
- Proven work experience as a tax manager. At least 5 years of recent public accounting experience in tax (If you are currently working in industry, need to be for less than a year).
- Experience performing Tax for privately-held companies or non-profits.
- CPA and/or JD.
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation