You are an engineer who is passionate about implementing, improving, and debugging CI/CD to enable great products. You have experience running automation and build processes, particularly as they pertain to Unreal game development; experience with UE4’s test automation framework is a plus. You are familiar with maintaining build pipelines on premises and in the cloud.
As Build/DevOps Engineer you will define best practices and drive improvements in our build/automation processes. You will leverage your experience designing and implementing such processes to optimize our internal systems. Finally, you are a willing communicator, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Manage the development environment, ensuring all needs are met for development and testing of products and content.
- Manage the Continuous Integration and Deployment of internal tools, deployments, and releases.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot build problems, and communicate these to the team.
- Collaborate with team members to mitigate problems, increase our build efficiency, and identify best practices.
- 2–3 years of professional devOps or build pipeline engineering experience
- Understanding of game development and digital content creation pipelines
- Experience managing Unreal Engine 4’s build system, entry level C# scripting skills required
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 development on Windows
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI pipelines (GitLab, Jenkins, or similar).
- Experience using common scripting languages such Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Proficiency with Git and Git LFS
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure), preferably GCP
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Strong spoken and written English
- Availability during normal US business hours.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker, or similar container/deployment technologies
- Experience with 3rd party RESTful APIs for integrated services like Slack, JIRA, etc.
- Experience building Unreal Engine 4 apps for consoles
- Experience building, packing, and distributing Unreal Engine 4 “from source”
- LiveOps experience
- Server programming experience
- Perforce management experience
- Basic C++ skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Meta prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at The Meta are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, gender, sexual preference, medical history, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. The Meta encourages applicants of all ages.
To apply, submit your resume by email; no cover letter is required.