This is an amazing opportunity for someone who loves the strategy & design element of creating websites. You will be the head website designer for all our website projects – this includes everything from simple transfer projects to full custom builds.
We're a remote, worldwide agency providing outsourced marketing for accounting firms, so this role is your opportunity to show by example what a good website is and how it is built to draw in the highest quality leads for each client.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED WITH THE SUBMISSION OF A 3 MINUTE VIDEO. Please read the instructions at the end.
What’s in it for you
- Remote based role - work from wherever you want as long as you have internet!
- All things websites, Wordpress, SEO, integration, and apps
- An amazing team to support you: people who love what they do, love this company, and care for each other!
- A place where you can be human and not boring. Not a job as much as a place where you can be yourself
- Stretch yourself creatively: we'll help you focus on doing the things you love best, and you'll see the results of your efforts
- Opportunity to travel to far flung places (well not right now but when travel resumes)
Who you need to be:
- Strategically minded: You don’t simply build what the designers provide – you think about things from a buyer’s perspective and how websites work
- WordPress expert: You know WordPress, in and out, and you’ve got years of experience with it
- Self starter: You’re motivated by the work you do, not an office or other people
- Deadline master: You know how to work to deadline and will honour your team’s time and planning
- Willing to teach: You’re confident in your understanding of how websites work, and can explain to clients (who may not be as familiar with your terminology) why we’re building it in this way
- Patience: You understand not everyone knows what you do. You can talk in plain English, not tech-speak
- You’re comfortable with video – presenting, recording, introducing webinars, announcing things
- Experience working on a remote basis (you have to know you like it)
- At least 3 years’ experience working with WordPress (theme and custom builds)
- A solid portfolio of websites you have built (and/or designed, if applicable)
- Experience in both front-end and back-end development
- Familiarity and experience with the latest and best in websites
- Understanding of how good design works with the user experience
Bonus points for:
This may be you:
It’s very likely you’ll have been working on your own for a while, and are a little weary of all the hard work that goes into finding clients (and really good ones, not difficult ones), issuing invoices, dealing with admin, the ups and downs of getting paid and not getting paid, and being on your own. You’d like a strong creative team who will support you and listen to you, and you’d like the freedom of being able to switch off sometimes. And know that ultimately it doesn’t all fall on your shoulders.
What you will be doing:
- Design websites. We work exclusively with accountants, so you get to craft beautiful new websites for people whose site is ugly, tired, broken, boring, or non-existent.
- See the whole picture. You’re the website developer, but you’re involved in the project from “I might want a new site” to “Oh my word I love it!” – and beyond. (Most of our clients move to a website maintenance retainer with us, once the site is built.)
- WordPress work. We only build our clients’ websites on WordPress now, so you must know it inside and out.
- Problem solving. If something isn’t working on a client’s website, you’ll figure out why, and what needs fixed, and will be able to fix it
- Management and maintenance. Plugins and integrations and apps and updating pages and SEO and fixing anything that’s broken
- Work with a team. You’re not on your own: you’ll have designers and content writers and Client Marketing Managers (CMMs) and an entire team to support you and throw around ideas and discuss what works and doesn’t.
We're a remote creative agency with team members and clients all over the world. We serve accountants exclusively, and have developed the "PF Way" to help accountants get better at marketing through training and outsourced marketing (or coaching & support for those doing it themselves).
The PF internal values:
- Transparent. We share the right things, at the right time, to build relationship. We love to share our lives (including wins as well as fears) with each other.
- We have an opinion. We like to hear different perspectives and we know why we have a certain opinion.
- Positive. We always look for the good, and we believe it’s there. There’s always a blessing, even in tough situations!
- Take responsibility. We’re the first to recognise when we’re in the wrong, or when we could do better. We welcome that opportunity.
- Patient. We seek to be generous and gracious, and take our time with people.
- Collaborative. We love working together as a team (we’re not lone rangers).
We live by the PF pillars: creativity, integrity, generosity, and rest.
How to apply (please read this):
Within your application, please include a 3 minute introductory video. This is the first stage of our 7 stage hiring process and applications will only be considered when the 3 minute introductory video is included. We explain why (and answer other hiring questions) on our careers page.
Thank you! We're excited to meet you!!