Remote, WA, United States
At ThirstySprout, we’re building the world’s first developer centric platform connecting leading startups and organizations with specialized remote developers. We consistently hire a group of talented and seasoned engineers that are passionate about building world-class products. Founded by YC Fellowship alumni, we have had success working with companies from top US accelerator programs such as Y-Combinator, 500 Startups & TechStars.
As a contract-to-hire engineer, you will be responsible for working with a team of engineers, contributing code, and collaborating with our customers. You’re agile, friendly, retrospective, and not afraid to identify ways to improve any process. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.
Technical Requirements - Full Stack Developer
● 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
● 2+ years of experience in a frontend framework React, Vuejs, Angular or equivalent
● 1+ years of experience with frontend build systems Webpack or equivalent
● 2+ years of Utilize AWS, Azure, Heroku or Google Cloud
● 2+ years of experience in Node, Ruby, Python, Golang, or other similar backend programming languages.
● 2+ years of experience in CI / CD and unit testing.
● 1+ year of experience in Docker
● Fluent in English with relevant experience in communicating with customers, technical teams, and senior management.
● Ability to estimate project timelines and objectives effectively.
● You have an eye for quality software, period. With the ability to effectively write tests.
● Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and architectural design.
● Proven track record of mentoring junior software engineers to improve
their skills, and making them more effective engineers.
● Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies ranging from front-
end user interfaces to back-end systems, and all points in-between.
● Experience hacking on open-source projects or building apps people love.
● Collaborate with our customers, take ownership of timelines/deliverables, and drive the successful execution of consulting projects.
● Worked in a variety of methodologies including TDD, Pair Programming, Agile, and Kanban.
● We provide a $1000 bonus if you’re hired on a full-time role with our client. We’ll also provide continuous work opportunities with our existing clientele and be on the ground level of startups such as Airbnb, WeWork, Stripe & Dropbox.
● We provide mentorship from experienced technical leaders & startup founders from some of the most prestigious accelerators in the world (Y-Combinator, Techstars, 500 Startups etc.)
● Ability to work remotely with incredibly smart, and driven business owners.