Android based platforms have grown as choice to base consumer products on, due to time efficiency in development.
We are seeking an Android Framework Developer. The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the application layer and framework layer of Android, and a technical understanding of the lower layers. You will work in all project phases and with all kinds of Android based products. And sometimes, for example in semi-systems, with other embedded software development.
• Develop software in Android based systems; analyze, design, program, integrate, unit test, debug in the top layers of the Android stack: Application layer and Framework layer.
• Work in teams with other software developers.
• Interface customers on engineering level
• Contribute in pre-studies and propose technical solutions
• Collaborate with specialists and developers from other technical areas like hardware, audio and optics
• Investigate and learn new product domains in context of need to design the correct solutions
• Team player
• Proactiveness in collaborating and execution.
• Flexibility to switch technical context
• Willingness to learn new methods / tools / processes
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Strong passion for creativity and solving cutting edge industry problems
Mandatory Tech Skills:
• Experience in programming in Android based systems. (Note: Not just apps.)
• Knowledge and understanding in embedded software development
• Experience in Java and/or Kotlin programming.
Preferred Tech Skills:
• Minimum Bachelor’s in computer science or equal
• Experience in Java and Kotlin programming.
• Experience in working with Qualcomm chipsets
• Experience in developing (big) systems of integrated functionality in software and hardware
• Experience in developing consumer products
• Development tools like Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Coverity
• Creative debugging with multiple sources and techniques like debuggers, log analysis, signal analysis, and protocol sniffers
• Strong documentation and writing skills