We are seeking an Android Low Level Developer. The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the Linux Kernel, HAL, Android Runtime and the libs, and a technical understanding of the top layers. You will be specialized in one or several subsystems (Power mgmt, Bluetooth, Camera, etc.) with a willingness to learn about the others. You will work in all project phases and with all kinds of Android based products. And sometimes, for example in semi-systems, with other embedded software development.
• Develop software in Android based systems; analyze, design, program, integrate, unit test and debug in the lower part of the Android stack, with focus on the sub-system(s) you are specialized in.
• Work in teams with other software developers.
• interface customers on engineering level
• Contribute in pre-studies and propose technical solutions
• Collaborate with specialists and developers from other technical areas like hardware, audio and optics
• Investigate and learn new product domains in context of need to design the correct solutions
• Proactiveness in collaborating and execution.
• Willingness to learn new methods / tools / processes
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Strong passion for creativity and solving cutting edge industry problems
Mandatory Tech Skills:
• Experience in programming in Android based systems.
• Knowledge and understanding in embedded software development
• Experience in C/C++
Preferential Tech Skills:
• Minimum Bachelor’s in computer science or equal
• Experience in Java programming.
• Experience in working with Qualcomm chipsets
• Experience in developing (big) systems of integrated functionality in software and hardware
• Experience in developing consumer products
• Development tools like Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Coverity
• Creative debugging with multiple sources and techniques like debuggers, log analysis, signal analysis, and protocol sniffers
• Strong documentation and writing skills