About the role
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Security Operations Engineer to join our team. The Senior Security Operations Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the security of our organization's systems, Cloud Infrastructures (AWS, Azure and GCP), and networks by designing, implementing, and maintaining security controls and principals, across production and non-production environments and assists with building, managing, and supporting security tooling.
You will manage security platforms and systems that identify breach attempts, work with the CloudOps team to contain and eradicate threats, streamline the security incident response processes, continuously monitor the security stack (e.g. DLP, IDS/IPS, SIEM), monitor and report threat intelligence. This opportunity requires a hands-on technical administrator who is well versed in cloud security, creating dashboards, reporting metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements, executes successfully on strategies for improvements, and works well in a collaborative fast paced cross-functional environment (security, infrastructure, engineering).
- Improve the ability to respond to threats through technology selection, internal process development, and implementing automation of manual tasks and processes
- Respond to Security Incidents of varying severities and complexity
- Develop and ensure security guidelines, processes and best practices are being followed via technical controls, automation, and auditing
- Maintain policies and create automation to ensure all systems follow regulatory security standards and compliance
- Create detailed process management workflows to ensure audit trails of activities are reviewed, policies are followed, and audit requirements are met
- Assist peer teams to design a secure infrastructure
- Participate in new solution requirements gathering and design
- Be a member of the Incident Response Team
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to mitigate security and privacy risks Create hardening standards for our infrastructure to minimize attack vectors
- Coordinate compliance audits and assist auditing teams in automation and collection of evidence
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience building systems to secure and monitor infrastructure, deployment, and network communication
- 3+ demonstrated hand-on years’ experience securing cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP), IaaS/PaaS/SaaS
- 3+ demonstrated hand-on years’ experience configuring and implementing multiple cloud-based security tools
- Participated in security assessments and advised on both internal and customer security and privacy needs (e.g. SOC2, ISO 27001, GDPR)
- Experience with Terraform, ansible and IaC tooling
- 2+ Experience provisioning and managing cloud services required
- Experience implementing controls based in Frameworks such as NIST CSF, HIPAA, ISO-27001 and SOC-2
- 3+ experience in Linux systems administration, and OS hardening
- Experience in ELK stack
Ability to adapt to different contexts, teams and Clients
Teamwork skills but also sense of autonomy
Motivation for international projects and ok if travel is included
Willingness to collaborate with other players
Strong communication skills
We want people who like to roll up their sleeves and open their minds. Believe this is you? Come join the Team!