Visualize your future with VividCharts:
At VividCharts, we are committed to creating a fun and innovative culture where employees look forward to coming to work and creating. Our commitment to our customers is to provide the tools they need to make their data as accessible as possible throughout their organization.
We are seeking a talented back end developer to help us create the most intuitive data visualization experiences possible at our growing software company in Lexington, KY. Let's help cloud users use their cloud data.
As a back end developer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the database and APIs utilized in the operation of our applications.
At our company, you will be working with a rewarding application and you will have the chance to advance and grow your career.
- Design, implement and modify robust APIs in support of business needs.
- Communicate with stakeholders, project managers, QA Engineers and other developers on planning and implementation of software features.
- Write quality code, build prototypes, solve issues and analyze bottlenecks with an eye for performance increases
- Optimization of web applications for performance and scalability.
- Utilize version control and task management tools to ensure productivity.
- Develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing
- 1 year of experience as a back end developer
- Excellent knowledge of debugging practices and techniques
- 1 year of experience creating REST APIs
- 2 year of experience working with OOP
- Experience with React, ServiceNow, or D3.js a plus
- Knowledge of agile workflows
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with factory design pattern preferred
- BS in Computer Science or similar relevant field preferred
Why you should work with us:
VividCharts benefits you by offering…
- Owners who really care about their employees’ success and well-being.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Flexible and hybrid approach to remote work or in our downtown Lexington tech office.
- An exciting startup culture that values entrepreneurialism, continuous learning and cooperation.
- A casual dress code.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits options.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability benefits options.
- Life and Accident Insurance benefits options.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.