We view empty seats in traffic as both the cause of the problem and its solution. There are more than 50,000 buses in Istanbul operating at 9% efficiency and we want to solve this problem. Making shuttle buses smarter, more efficient and dynamic can create an alternative transportation network that can replace even car ownership.
Volt Lines, today, is a subscription-based transportation service and our passion is all about solving urban mobility problems. Think of Volt Lines as the Netflix of transportation. Instead of companies renting physical buses, companies now can buy a monthly subscription per employee that gives users access to the whole Volt Lines network straight from the app. In 2020 we launched Volt Lines DRT (demand-responsive transport) allowing irregular commuters to tap onto the Volt Lines network for an easier and safer commute.
We are looking for an experienced developer, possesses a mixture of DevOps and application development skills to help us build and deploy forward-thinking solutions for the future of transportation.
- Provide initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions covering fundamentals of web development
- You will be using your creative and innovative problem-solving skills on different geospatial products & services
- Partner with fellow engineers to research, discover and discuss the new technologies to improve software quality
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates
- Solid experience and history of writing modern, maintainable Python
- Hands-on experience with Python web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask) and other well-known libraries such as Celery, Pandas, Numpy, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux and networking concepts
- Good knowledge of Docker, Docker Swarm, and AWS platforms
- Strong understanding of SQL (PostgreSQL/PostGIS) and NoSQL (ES) databases
- Experience with CI/CD
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Version Control (Git)
Nice to have:
- Being familiar with RESTful web services
- Familiarity with any part of the current tech stack (https://techstacks.talentgrid.io/?id=147)
- Experience with IaC tools
- Being a user of open source tools and committed to open source
- Once needed, you won't hesitate to raise your shields for polyglot requirements