We view empty seats in traffic as both the cause of the problem and its solution. There are more than 50,000 buses in Istanbul operating at 9% efficiency and we want to solve this problem. Making shuttle buses smarter, more efficient, and dynamic can create an alternative transportation network that can replace even car ownership.
Volt Lines, today, is a subscription-based transportation service and our passion is all about solving urban mobility problems. Think of Volt Lines as the Netflix of transportation. Instead of companies renting physical buses, companies now can buy a monthly subscription per employee that gives users access to the whole Volt Lines network straight from the app. In 2020 we launched Volt Lines DRT (demand-responsive transport) allowing irregular commuters to tap onto the Volt Lines network for an easier and safer commute.
- Develop, optimize and maintain underlying data lake infrastructure
- Deliver well-architected data pipelines to project stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the projects.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems
- Bring new technology and ideas to the table
- Influence cross-team initiatives and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience as a developer or data scientist/engineer
- Knowledge of streaming architectures/data ingestion methods
- Knowledge of public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Knowledge of major AWS Big Data & Analytics services such as Kinesis, Athena, EMR, Redshift
- Knowledge of Big Data processing engines (Spark preffered)
- Knowledge of data orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions
- Experience with Relational and Non-Relational Database Systems
- Experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (Python, Scala preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure automation and Infrastructure as code tools such as CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Working with Git version control system, including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as BitBucket CI/CD, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins
- Proficiency in UNIX/Linux environments
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a similar discipline
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with Apache stack – Hadoop, Kafka
- Experience with containerized systems and experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with In-Memory Cache Systems
- Experience with MongoDB