Women in Games International (WIGI) is a 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to cultivate resources to advance economic equality and diversity in the global games industry. By cultivating resources such as advanced knowledge sharing, access to technology, and actionable mentorship programs, WIGI works to normalize diversity in the global gaming industry through increased representation. In doing so, we aim to create superior products and a stronger industry, with diverse games and greater representation that reflect the growing population of women-identifying and nonbinary gamers.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Our programs, workshops, initiatives, and events are created to empower our community with the expertise and resources needed to level up their career. The Director of Programs position is a full-time role that is critical to strategically driving our portfolio of over 90+ panels, workshops, and events. This person will report directly to the CEO and oversee the programs and events teams.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Programs, Workshops, & Events Oversight
- Oversee the programs and events teams to develop and implement portfolio strategy. Balancing capacity and budget to successfully expand WIGIs portfolio and drive value through our presence in the industry.
- Work with the CEO to set quarterly OKRs for programs and events portfolio. Execute strategy to set programs and events team up for successful completion of OKRs, maintaining regular progress check-ins.
- Create executive reports for Partners and Stakeholders, including post-mortem surveys, ongoing evaluations, and grant spend reporting.
- Drive Executive cross-functional alignment with the Marketing and Finance teams to ensure that all programs have defined execution plans.
- Create and manage timelines, documentation, and budgets for initiatives.
- Develop, manage, and oversee the programs team.
- Conduct yearly staff evaluations and provide regular feedback and professional development opportunities to your direct report(s).
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Provide staff leadership for the board’s programs and events committee to review deliverables and ensure mission alignment.
- Play a lead role in preparing program and event reports, including post-initiative feedback evaluations and findings.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and track key performance indicators and improve internal workflows and processes. Provide recommendations based on current and projected programs and events of the organization connected to values of sustainability and community impact.
TIME COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS
- This is a full-time position (approx 40 hours per week)
- Weekly check-ins with all direct reports
- Weekly check-ins with CEO
- Monthly all-hands-on-deck meetings for support
- Regular check-ins with department leads to ensure effective communication and on-time deliverables
- Quarterly Board Meetings
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 5+ experience running programs for a non-profit
- Knowledge of gaming and the games industry
- Experience developing, leading, and managing a successful portfolio of programs and initiatives
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a remote work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently with people at all levels of corporate structures
- Ability to work effectively in an organization that understands the importance of equity and is seeking to be more representative of the community.
- Technology savvy with advanced knowledge of Discord, GSuite, and Zoom preferred.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate internally and with external partners to contribute to the organization’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Social justice-driven organization with a passionate team supporting you all the way!
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 15 vacation days accrued throughout the year
- 15 sick days accrued per year
- 403(b) plan eligibility
- Annual professional development allowance available for approved spend upon supervisor approval.
- 100% remote position from anywhere in the US
- WIGI Welcome Kit when you start
- Applicable learning to boost your resume. We’ll help you learn and grow with a focus on assisting you in finding ways to gain skills necessary to advance your career goals outside of WIGI.
- Opportunity to join WIGI programs and industry events that pique your interest. We’ll do our best to get you in the door!
Women in Games International is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made stronger with the inclusion of amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, so we especially encourage folks with marginalized identities to apply. We champion each other and aim every day to foster a workplace that feels like a celebrated and uplifting place to work.