Jobs at www.technipfmcltd.com
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
We are looking for an Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Sr. Project Engineer to be assigned to an EP Project executed in our Operating Center in Houston.
The Candidate, while already experienced in project engineering (five to ten years), must have an electrical and/or instrumentation engineering background (i.e., electrical or instrumentation engineering degree and previous design experience (five to ten years) in the own field of expertise).
Main Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate the Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Leads to ensure that the relevant scope of work is delivered as per contractual requirements, within budget and as per schedule.
• Coordinate with the Electrical and Instrument Design and Checking teams to ensure the quality of the detailed design, readiness for construction, and completeness of the bulk material purchasing.
• Coordinate with the Project Engineer deployed at the High Value Center in Mumbai (India) to monitor the execution of the applicable portion of scope of work.
• Coordinate with the other Project Engineers to ensure seamless internal interfaces with other disciplines.
• Coordinate with the Interface Manager to ensure understanding and application of mutual external interface requirements (i.e., outside the battery limits and Client).
• Report to the Project Engineering Manager.
Main Tasks include:
• Attend project coordination meetings with the TechnipFMC and Client’s teams.
• Monitor the E&I schedules and forecast date updates to meet the project requirements and support forward planning;
• Monitor the E&I progress, control that discipline updates reflect the actual progress, and drive execution to meet planned dates;
• Ensure that the production of E&I deliverables meet the construction work package philosophy;
• Ensure that the procurement campaign, through the issue of material requisitions for tagged items (e.g., tagged instruments, electrical equipment, etc.), as well as for bulk materials (cables, conduits, trays, etc.), the technical evaluation of bids, and, upon purchase order placement, the review of vendor documentation, is in compliance with the schedule and the scope of work requirements;
• Ensure that proposed project deviations are carefully evaluated, discussed with project management, properly elaborated in terms of scope, cost, and schedule impacts, and timely submitted; follow up on approval and monitor application of
• Routinely audit the engineering deliverables through the application of the company check lists to ensure that the required quality is met;
• Participate to kick off and pre-inspection meetings at critical vendor premises and visit the workshops on as needed basis;
• Attend part time to Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), as needed;
• Attend project reviews (e.g., HAZOP, LOPA, etc.), as needed;
• Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are captured and meet project objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with 15-20 years of overall industry experience
• Familiarity with various E&I codes and standards.
• Familiarity with SPI (SmartPlant Instrumentation, Intools), SPEL (SmartPlant Electrical), and SP3D (SmartPlant 3D).
• Familiarity with electrical and instruments material requisition, technical bid evaluations, and vendor deliverable review.
• Familiarity with One Line Diagrams, Wiring Diagrams, and Schematic Diagrams.
• Familiarity with P&IDs and Cause and Effect Diagrams.
• Previous commissioning and field execution experience is desirable.
• Advanced analytical, problem solving, accuracy, attention to details, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish deadlines for the team, manage priorities, and effectively achieve the goals in fast paced environment is critical.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. Ability to foster communication within diverse cultural environments.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and to respond appropriately.